I am an avid reader also an awesome mom, teacher, wife and blogger, but that’s not the point.
I will say loud and clear one of my biggest guilty pleasures: Fanfiction.
What is it?
According to the ever amazing Wikipedia: It’s a broadly defined fan labor term for stories about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator. Works of fan fiction are rarely commissioned or authorized by the original work’s owner, creator, or publisher; also, they are almost never professionally published.
In other words, stories made by the fans based on their favorite original work or at least using the characters or universe.
Why use it?
- It’s ever growing and some are incredible not so shabby. According to rumors and Wikipedia, the best selling trilogy 50 shades was originally a fanfic of Twilight. I agree, I read the books and I swear you just change the names and it is.
- It’s natural and real.
- It’s free.
- It has different lenghts and genres.
- Students have a choice according to their favorite piece of original work like cartoons, anime, manga, movies, books, etc.
- Read and make a review.
- Write your own. You might have a best selling author in your hands and you don’t know
- Find errors in grammar and spelling. Trust me are some with a LOT.
The BEST PLACE to look here: Fanfiction.net
I found this cool article to read to: The Growing Phenomenon of Fanfiction: A new Marketing Tool?