I love to make bulletin boards. It’s truly an art and a science.
Bulletin board is defined as “a surface intended for the posting of public messages” (Wikipedia, thank you)
For me, there are some rules to make them:
- Plan your space. Think hard and sketch before cutting and pasting anything.
- Be colorwise. Not to blind or bored.
- Proportion and layout rules!
- Never paste unless you are completely sure.
- Be creative. That’s the whole idea.
- Use the Internet to get ideas and images.
- Make students color for you to personalize and involve students (that way it last longer)
I found 3 webpages to share for more ideas and examples:
- Bulletin Board Ideas for Elementary School (Pinterest)
- Bulletin Boards (Kim’s Corner)
- Monthly Bulletin Board Ideas (Teacher’s Corner)