This textbook was acquired through a teacher working in supervision. Since Conaliteg didn’t publish updated textbook for this upcoming school year, I contacted her to complain (of course, I have done online and in person). She got them from a contact in the publisher company and she gave them to me to take a look since I teach second grade and I have been using the new syllabus a lot.
- Glossary at the end of each reading (quite good)
- It looks like photocopies (shades of gray)
- The font size is readable, but I prefer bigger.
- The pictures and photos are related to the reading.
- The comprehension questions at the end of each reading are up to the level.
- One very long reading per project is not good for me. I prefer 2-3 small to get different view and ideas.
- The color is good and the general visual layout is pleasant for the eye.
- The font size is perfect.
- The illustrations are ok and in connection to the topic or reading.
- Each unit has an introduction with info: social practice, specific competency, product and achievements. (That part is more for the teacher than the students)
- In the product pages, the making of the product is layed out in steps and self-assesss chart (for students)
- The activites are diverse.
- The reading and writing skills are definitely in the textbook. However, there is not a lot of speaking and listening. (I don’t have the CD to check the speed, acuracy and fluency)
- The instructions are super short and precise (the way I like them)
- I didn’t get it, so I don’t know.
The laws of copyright exist, so I cannot show you the whole book but a sneak peek (3 pages won’t put me in trouble, right?)