Computer Technology is on us. We cannot deny it or fear it. It has become a part of us.
I love my full Hd tv, my xbox 360, my laptop (bit old but working), my cellphone (not smartphone) and of course my NOOK.
Since I bought my tablet in February, I confirm the new common saying “kids nowadays are born with the chip integrated”.
My boy was 2 1/2 years old back them and used my Nook like a pro (he still does and I am taking about a boy who still doesn’t talk like a pro).
The current trend is tablets for kids, mostly because the parents don’t wanna share (myself included) or are concerned for unauthorized purchases or explicit material.
There are a lot of options for very toy-like to very nicely design.
Christmas is coming, so this is the time to check them out.
- Kurio Kids Tablet ($200 dlls approx). It looks great. I like the bumper protection, and the HDMI conection to plug it to the TV.
- Meep ($150 dlls approx). I like the color. There are interesting accesories like a piano, drum set, microphone and others (sold separated). It looks like a great option.
- Vince Tab II. ($200 dlls approx). Also a great idea, but I really don’t like the cover. I know it’s more practical for small kids to grab it, yet I don’t like it. The specs are great too.
- Childpad ($140 dlls approx). It’s looks ok. It has good specs and it’s a good choice.
- Nabi 2 ($200 dlls). I like this one. The spect are ok, and I like Fooz Kids University (for a price, but it look worthy). There is a chore list for kids that parents customized (I like that). Probably, it’s not the one for Mexican buyers, but it looks ok.
More info about kids and tablest, I found this awesome article: Is Total Gadget Inmersion Good or Bad for kids?
For more information on the topic, read the specialized blog about this: http://kidstablet.com/
Wait, this is a Teaching ideas blog! There is a teaching approach to this technology.
- Check this out: Your Quick Guide to Teaching with Ipads.
- Also: Tablet learning (last year and really good).
- I am not an Ipad person but there is a great deal in Education right now, see: ipads in Education (aussie and quite interesting).