Moodle is another excellent tool for teaching, especially for online courses.
What is it?
It’s a platform or system to manage courses online. (Video for better explanation)
The things I like of moodle are:
- It’s open code, there is no commercial company. Any upgrade or new tool is made with love and unselfishness .
- There are tons of resources made by anyone who gets the code.
- I started using in at college, so it’s the first (you never forget your first one)
- A lot of Universities use it.
- You can download it free of charge.
- You can make it your own with the plugins and themes.
- There is a Diplomado which teaches MOODLE (it works for escalafon too)
The only bad thing that I have found is the need of SERVER.
If you are a poor teacher with little knowledge on servers, programming and stuff; it’s complicated. That’s why Universities use it, they have servers and server technicians and tons of computer experts.
If this appeal you and want to give it a try, there are three links to expand your knowledge:
- Key to school. Moodle hosting (free and monthly)
- Free moodle. Moodle hosting for one course
- Free moodle accounts. Moodle hosting for a free class.
Eventhough, I truly adore MOODLE. For poor teacher like me, there are other easier (server-free) tools like:
Both I mentioned in previous posts.
- Social Networking for Education… Say hello to Edmodo
- Schoology – Another social network for education
- Edmood VS Schoology, part 1
- Schoology VS Edmodo, part 2
- Third round and the last… SCH vs EDM
I don’t know when it happened… Well, I know but this is the post 100th… Thank you!