Today I am going to talk about Schoology.
This one too has 5 stars top quality recommendation.
- It’s free.
- It’s looks a little bit like facebook.
- It’s intuitive.
- It’s for managment of class, so education only.
- It has a calendar por personal and class purposes.
- You can import data from other platforms like MOODLE and BLACKBOARD
- You generate a class code to give students to access.
- You can post assigments, quizzes, pages, files, links, discussions (like chat), albums and sync GOOGLE DOCS.
- You have a gradebook.
- You can see stats of views and grades.
- Even, you have a personal blog within the social network.
- You can create groups like in Facebook.
- You have notifications, requests and inbox.
- You CAN take ATTENDANCE (Super cool!!!)
- You can manage groups and enrolled students, see their profiles and send them messages.
- You can preview the class from the student’s point of view.
- You can use a math equation maker like in Word (quite cool)
- You need the class code to sign up.
- You can participate in discussions; do the assigments and quizzes; and see files, links, pages, albums and Google docs in Resources.
- You can see your grades and attendance, even download a report of them.
- You can send messages like normal email.
- You can see the class calendar and add some notes for your personal events.
- You have a code generated for the teacher to sign up.
- You can add another children into your account using the codes given by the teachers.
- You can see the grades, attendance, profile, assigments and calendar of your kids.
- You can send messages to the teachers.
- It looks like there are no apps or games.
- For some students, they will be against since there are no apps, but the chatting is ok.
- There are no posting like in Facebook
It’s another great tool to try on during the summer. Next week, I will post the fight between these great teaching tools.