I was thinking about the latest, hottest and more interesting saga this year: The Hunger Games. (Awesome!!! by the way…. totally recommended) Watch it now or yesterday.
Last week, I was talking to my sister and I realized about a trend.
This last decade we have seen the return of sagas based on books uch as:
- The Lord of the Rings: Movies, Books
- Harry Potter: Movies, Books
- Twilight: Movies, Books
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Movies, Books
- The Hunger Games: Movies, Books
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Movies, Books
- The Wimpy Kid Diaries: Movies, Books
There are more, more info check here… I just listed the more popular among kids and teenagers. (Or at least for me.)
As EFL teachers, this is such a great opportunity to do some teaching, specially with some very difficult teenagers.
These sagas are an almost-perfect blend between movie, literacy, action and cute guys/girls. (eye-catching-candy everywhere)
My question is HOWWWW????
I found some link to help to think in the HOWWWWW???
- The Lord of the Rings
- Harry Potter
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- The Hunger Games
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- The Wimpy Kid Diaries
If you need more teaching with movies, this is an interesting link.